Wednesday, January 25, 2006

OK, forget what I said about forgetting what I said...

So, thanks to this, the deal fell through, but they may be able to resurect this by tossing in Manny Delcarmen. Okay, that would suck. I don't mind losing Mota, but Delcarmen is a young pitcher with a high-90s fastball and a nasty breaking ball. The other option is to drop Riske from the deal entirely, and have the whole thing be Marte and Shoppach for Crisp and Crap (actual name is Bard, which coincidentally was the real name of a guy in college whom I also called Crap). That makes it cool in my book.

On another note, I have nothing else to say.

Update:

Actually, for a much more preffered deal, ESPN.com is running a story that the new Reds GM might be in for a deal with Clement going to the Reds, Austin Kearns to Cleveland, and Crisp to the Sox. I much prefer this deal, though I would imagine some money would have to go to Cinncinatti in the deal. We have too many starting pitchers and too many relievers, and we need a shortsop and a center fielder, so I'd rather eject a solid but not necessary major leaguer for a desperately needed CF in lieu of 2 or 3 solid prospects, one of whom has ridiculous potential. Get it done, Theo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home