Friday, January 13, 2006

Applications stink

So, I have spent the last three hours doing two job applications for the summer. This sucks. Fortunately, the two I most want for this summer (and thus are the two I am least likely to get) are in. I feel like I should finish the other six, but I need a break. I'm thinking of just becoming a hobo for the summer: not paying rent and just studying for my comps in the gutter, sleeping on steam grates at night, and not showering for weeks on end. It will be just like college.

Also, I may or may not have mentioned that, in addition to my studies and the class I TA, next semester I am leading discussion sections for a large group of Brazilian civil servants sent up to DC for a few months. I just got the material they have to cover, and let me tell you, this is going to suck. These two-hour twice-a-week groups are covering monsterous amounts of material, and somehow I have to cover it all with them (and lecture intelligently on it, which may or may not happen). This is like another class. Fantastic. I've already marked down on my calendar the day I will officially have a psychotic break, and it is a lot earlier in the semester than I would have liked.

Yes, I'm aware that this entry is pretty much entirely a bitch session. Deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home