Monday, January 23, 2006

Um, please no?

1)

Responding to this comment, about this story, I have to say this deal sucks.

Sox get:
4 years control of Crisp, a plus defender and decent bat
A reliever that has had one fantastic year
A crap, switch-hitting catcher, who I don't know his defense

Sox give up:
5+ years of the best 3B prospect out there
A reliever that has had a few fantastic years, but not recently
A strong defensive catcher with great power

I don't know. I don't like it, especially since we seem to be keeping too many relievers already. The deal would be palatable (not great, just palatable) if Shoppach weren't in there. Marte and Mota for Crisp and Riske kind of works, but again I feel like we are getting at least partially hosed.

Anyhow, that is my response.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, January 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can hose me any day, Fletcher.

 
At 10:55 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Fletcher Austin McGuffin said...

Good to know. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home