Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Screw the Colts, Screw Duane Starks, and screw... well, I guess that's it.

1) The Resident Female and I learned about our current building from a friend from her old job who moved in her with her husband. They both met at Harvard, and have formed a fantastic unit of a hopelessly romantic, naive idealist and a lawyer. Further, this building in which the four of us live happens to be rather close to a bar that runs a quizzo competition. As such, I am proposing this thusly: the Resident Female and I, two graduates from the Practical Ivy, should bond with two graduates from the Ethereal Ivy, and create dare-I-say the greatest Quizzo team in the history of man. This is my new goal in life. Now if it were only 2000 and I could use the greatest group name ever, "Your mom is a pregnant chad", we would be all set. I guess we have to settle for the old standard, "These girls could suck a New York City cab driver through immigration".

2) Um, yeah, that game sucked. Personally, I think Peyton Manning should be punched in the balls for going for two, but whatever, I guess he deserves the satisfaction for one night after the horrors he has endured during his time in the league against the Pats. Now he can sleep easy, knowing that history will not repeat itself, as something novel and new will happen for the first time in history: the Patriots will win the Super Bowl for the first time without beating Colts twice in their victorious season. Ah, well, I guess just beating them once in the playoffs, at their own house no less, will still have to satisfy me, but it's the end of an era. I guess we can only kick their butts half the time now...

3) Book keeping note: since I am getting a ridiculous amount of spam postings, mostly on older posts, I've decided to enable a word verification setting to be able to post on the weblog. I don't want to have to get to the stage where I have to actually approve or deny specific comments individually, so we'll see how well this works, and hopefully it is good enough to stop "musica" and the dozen or so other bots that think I need 30 or 40 comments per post pointing people to erectile dysfunction websites. Isn't the internet great?

4) I wanted to do a longer post tonight, but unfortunately the Resident Female has started doing a kick-boxing workout video, and I am not able to remotely concentrate. I need to start teasing her.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be argued that Peyton went for two because he respected the Pats so much that he really thought they could come back from a 20 point deficit to win.

It could also be argued that I'm the greatest tiddlywink player in the world.

 
At 9:23 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Fletcher Austin McGuffin said...

Your tiddlywink skills are suspect. I smell sarcasm.

 
At 10:01 AM, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who speaks ill of Peyton? You?? You, Mr. McGuffin?

He is the best player in football and has been for the past 4 years. If the Patriots had the opportunity to draft either him or Brady, it would be a no brainer: the Michigan moron would be rotting on a bench somewhere in NFL Europe while Peyton sported a handful of jewelry.

Don't hate, Fletch. or should I call you F.A.mcG??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home