Saturday, October 08, 2005

Oh well

1) Alas, for the first time since the early months of 2004, I have had to watch one of my teams fall out of the playoffs. Though, unlike the Bruins disappointing collapse to the hated Habs, I was kind of expecting this one. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still reserved hope for the Sox right up until the moment I saw Edgar's ugly swing leave the best hitting tandem in baseball on deck as the season ended, but I had pretty much resigned myself that the Sox didn't have the pitching (or the defense, for that matter) to make this team win 11 games. Of course, I was just hoping for 1 win at that point.

Although it is sad that the best offense in baseball never scored more than 4 runs in a game. You know what? Screw it. I am pissed.

2) Thanks to a hellacious week at grad school (I'm averaging 12 hours a day on campus, and unfortunately I'm not exagerating) I hadn't seen Brady's blowup at Schottenheimer's pity until this morning. I don't know why, but seeing that makes me feel a little more confident for some reason.

3) Maybe it's because I have to go back to campus today for about 6-8 hours, and I'm emotionally drained from the last couple weeks (and I haven't even hit exam period yet...), but I'm still pretty happy with the Boston sports scene, even if the flagship franchise was just bounced from the playoffs. It still is a great time to be a Boston sports fan. Unless the powers that be somehow decide to make another movie about the city staring Jimmy Fallon, then all bets are off.

4) I shouldn't even have suggested that last one, as the hollywood types are probably already writing something about how Adam Sandler and Jimmy Fallon somehow end up in a series of compromising positions because they both like watching the Pats at their favorite bar, but one of their lucky barstools break and they need to reshuffle the weekly seating chart and this somehow leads to them competing over a girl for a while, which tests their friendship, until they finally find out that she has a twin sister so everything ends up being cool and they can go back to making annoying voices and idiotic jokes.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

So the white sox creamed the red ones and as much as i would like to rub it in that its over for your team i am watching the yankees in the bottom of the eighth up by one with two outs and i am sure they will lose and it will be all over for my team who can't even win at home and whats the point in bragging unless my team can win. so if they do win i will come back with another comment and maybe a bad joke about the color of my socks, but since i don't see it happening i will try to take defeat as well as you do.

 
At 2:03 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

so they did win, but i don't have a bad joke about my white socks being better than my red ones, because i really thought they would lose. oh well if they win tonight i will find a way to save myself from the disgrace of lacking a bad joke

 
At 3:56 PM, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Yankee fans? Even their posts annoy me.

 
At 7:03 AM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think these two anonymous posts suck?? Custom silicone bracelets..exactly what I had hoped to find when I bookmarked this blogsite. Thank you, anonymous, for abusing colons into little smiley faces and making me remember to buy condoms, so accidents like you won't happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home