Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You're excited? Feel these nipples!

1) Have had a very relaxing weekend, and it was much needed. Watched a lot of movies and watched a lot of baseball, not to mention reading a bunch of economics. Good times.

2) As I've said previously, netflix is allowing me to see every bad movie I never wanted to pay a few bucks to see. This weekend, I saw two: Diggstown and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (and the original about a week ago). Diggstown was unbelievable. Basically, the movie was littered with random sports cliches, "that guy" actors, terrible boxing scenes, and James Woods humor. Throw in that you have Heather Graham before she was hot and Alvin Mack from The Program, and the movie just exudes the "I know this isn't good, but I'm enjoying this a lot" feeling, especially as the whole things flies apart at the ending, dropping from mildly plausible to utterly random. Oh, and to top it all off, you get to see Jesus call someone a nigger.

As for Body Snatchers, I kept falling asleep while watching it, which in and of itself was pretty creepy.

3) Mark Bellhorn, now a Yankee with no stubble and shorter hair, hit a home run last night. Seeing him clean shaven jarred me significantly, not only because it was my first time seeing him do work for the enemy, but also because he looked shockingly like Kevin Youkilis. Seriously, once he starts balding, we won't be able to tell the two apart.

4) I'm not one to make fun of someone with a disability, unless they play for the Yankees, but my goodness: Stuart Scott has gone completely off the deep end. How does a guy that used to be a well-spoken UNC grad turn into a walking cliche who has some form of ebonic Tourette's Syndrome? I've come to a point where I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore, what with their insessant stream of screaming jackasses, insipid analysis, and idiotic anouncers, but sometimes I want to see the highlights, and this morning I was absolutely shocked how ridiculously scrambled Scott's brain had become. I enjoy catching up on sports, and Lord knows I've seen enough CNN coverage of the New Orleans thing that I can't watch the news networks anymore, but I feel like I shouldn't have to buy a slang dictionary to understand what the hell is being said about the Rays-Blue Jays game. That man must be stopped, or at least reprogrammed.

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

so i happened upon your blog accidently because i thought i should comment on some random blogs so that people i don't know will comment on my blog (yes i know, but it amuses me) anyway i read like your last two entries and was thoroughly amused by your writing style, so perhaps you can read my blog and be amused by my whining problems or not

 
At 1:40 PM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Fletcher Austin McGuffin said...

K. Thanks.

 
At 10:36 AM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont let this get to you Fletcher, youi still Fillate Mountain Lions.

 
At 12:34 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Fletcher Austin McGuffin said...

Youi saw that?

 
At 9:45 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

well it was a freudian slip maybe he wanted to put you but what he really meant was "i" ? no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home