Saturday, August 20, 2005

U'd better haul ass

1) The Friendly Neighborhood ColOmbian is moving out of the neighborhood, and I am helping him do so today. Though I am sad to see my drinking buddy leave, I take comfort in the fact that I actually no longer live in the neighborhood and his move is only changing a 25-minute metro ride into a 45-minute car ride while creating a crashing pad for me on the nights that the Sox take on the (h)O's in Baltimore. Anyhow, that is how I will be spending my day: redistricting.

2) I forgot how cool Tales from the Crypt was. I will be watching many more of them directly.

3) Post-season hero and token greasy player Mark "Horny" Bellhorn was designated for assignment after hitting .216 on the big club since a very solid replacement was found in Tony Graffanino. Alas, I will miss his clutch hitting, his vacant stares, and his utter lack of emotion while turning fabulous double plays. Of course, he probably will clear waivers and be up with the expanded rosters on Sept 1, so it will all work out. Regardless, we have been able to upgrade what was a dead spot on our roster offensively (though not bad defensively), so I guess that is a good thing. Now if we can just do something about Millar...

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, can someone please explain to me how 'waivers' work, and what it means to 'clear' them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home