Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Things I have learned

1) Showing highlights of last night's game, which I missed most of, is hilarious. They did a montage of Tony Graffinino's great plays from the game (who, by the way, I am liking a lot), with the "You're the best... Around!" song playing. I forgot how much I like local television when it is aimed for my boys. Fantastic.

2) A few days ago (saturday), in Newport, I did the walking on glass thing. Despite being called a moron by my friends (as if this was news to me), it actually was kind of cool. If you just put light pressure on your foot and shift the sharp adges down before putting all your weight on it, it isn't really all that hard. It kind of feels like walking barefoot over gravel. I suggest you all try it. I also ask you not sue me if it doesn't go well.

3) So Ty Law signed a 3-year contract with the Jets, which garauntees him less money than the 2 year-extension the Pats offer him. This annoys me because a) I liked Ty, and he basically rode himself out of town for less money, even though money was he reason for leaving b) I hate the Jets which means c) I need to sell my baby blue Ty Law all-star jersey. Well, like Bledsoe and Lawyer Milloy, I wish Ty Law the best of luck for 14 weeks a year.

4) I suck at Tennis, which is weird because I used to be good, even winning a few tournaments as a kid. Well, I guess this is what happens when you don't practice and double in size.

5) After biking around town on a bike frame that is too small for me, I've decided I will never ride the tour de france.

6) I will never use the body soap in our outdoor shower again. It's been 3 days and I still smell like a watermelon jolly rancher.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, August 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with all the slow pitch softball scores up in Boston?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home