Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Drunken Entry!

It's nice to see the Sox sweep, especially with my boy David "Oh baby don't orTIZ me!" banging in a few runs.

Notes from the night:
Watching I know what you did last summer with the sox on mute made me realize a few things-
Freddy Prince Junior looks like a cross between McAully Culkin and Neo
Scary Movie is a smattering of 5-minute hilarious skits between 10-minutes of dead time
Manny is going to the opposite field with every other hit, which means he is back
Arroyo is still my boy (I've loved the kid since seeing him at Pawtucket. Man, that Frisbee of a breaking-ball is devastating; if his fastball is half-way there, he'll destroy any lineup).
I'm drunk. Been drinking since 6, thanks to TONO happy hour, where beers and sushi pieces were a $1 each. Fantastic! Best happy hour ever!
Top 10th and Freddy Sanchez just walked for the Pirates. I would find it very satisfying if a former Sox farmhand ended up being the winning run against the MFY.
The MFY are getting a new stadium. Fortunately, they are only getting infrastructure money from the taxpayers (the only way any new stadium should recieve funds) and paying the rest themselves. Of course, the stadium pays for itself because the debt-servicing reduces their revenue sharing tag, so in a way the rest of MLB is paying for it, but whatever. I've always hated the toilet, so I guess no loss. Though I will say that not playing in the stadium where the worse collapse in playoff history took place will be a sad development for me. I can now only hope that Steinbrenner lives to be 150 so that he can continue to run the franchise into the ground.
Foulke is looking bad-ass again. Tonight alone will bring his k/9 rate close to career levels. He is looking fabulous.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, June 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bout time!

 
At 10:45 AM, June 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like "banging in a few runs" on a "Drunken Entry!"

 
At 10:45 AM, June 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like "banging in a few runs" on a "Drunken Entry!"

 
At 9:18 AM, June 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't think "bang" gets used as a verb nearly enough. Coudos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home