Monday, June 13, 2005

It just gets better and better

Late lunch today, so here goes:

1) So the massive project I spent the last 3 and a half weeks working on has changed. Actually, scratch that. The project is exactly the same; the data has changed. Even though my agency had the data we wanted to use in the analysis from the beginning, for some unknown reason my bosses gave me the old data and never noticed the mistake when I cited the origin in at least 15 different places over the last month, or the two or three times when I suggested that we needed to obtain the new data set to have a complete picture of the problem. As such, I have to start over. On the plus side, I only have 6 weeks left until I start my vacation, and only 7 weeks of work left. Ha-za!

2) I got through 8 episodes of Band of Brothers so far, and I think RCN is pulling them today. I feel like having to rent the DVDs just for the last two episode is going to piss me off a lot.

3) I officially kick off my softball season today. I am hoping to improve on last years performance, and have set goals for my play this year: I want to bat no lower than .800, slug no lower than 1.500, and average fewer than 7 errors a game. I also hope that I don't pull a hamstring when I step on third base and it slides out from under my leg like I did last year.

4) Was I the only one who noticed that the national media seemed a bit too excited about the Cubs-Sox series? I mean, it was like the powers that be decided that, just for the weekend, the 2004 World Series didn't count so that their writers and announcers didn't have to bother coming up with new stories. Seriously, I would not be surprised at all if some people out there just changed "World Series" to "this weekend" and ran the stories they had pre-typed during the 2003 Championship Series that they didn't get to use. The Curse of Dan Shaugnessy got exhumed for one more weekend, and I don't doubt that Carl Everret's Curly-Haired Boyfriend was loving every minute of it.

5) Now it is time for the incoherent, off-topic, random discussion for the day- Which was a bigger watershed moment in the history of the United States: the Inchon landing or the invention of Cheeze Whiz?

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, June 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off the topic:
The venerable Philadelphia Daily News baseball sage Bill Conlin felt compelled to weigh into the Eagles' dominance of the sports news cycle – begging Phillies fans at Citizens Bank Park to please stop the Eagles chants between pitches.
-ESPN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home