Monday, May 01, 2006

0 for 4 goes the whore

1)
Steady B said:
So you are saying that Damon was a douche bag while he was with the redsox?

Yes, but he was our douchebag. He was an idiot, everyone knew it, and he was a whore when he came to us from Oakland/KC.

2) Doug Mirabelli is back out of the blue. No loss in losing Bard, but it is kind of sad to see a guy with the potential of Cla Merideth and his self-proclaimed "nut-cutting sinker" leave. However, he is not quite ready for the big leagues (like two years or so), so I guess it is cool. Regardless, nice to see The Gut back catching Wakefield. I don't doubt that Bard would have figured it out eventually, but it's nice to see the most popular backup catcher in history back behind the plate when the knucklers start flying.

3) Once again, after tonights game, I feel it is important to point out my comments from the preseason, which pretty much sum up tonights game:
Tizzle vs. Slappy
A-Rod is one of the best hitters in the game, hitting tons of home runs, good average, gets on base well, and is a good base stealer. Ortiz is a God.

4) Watch this video and understand why my students think I'm a huge dork. The best part? I own that textbook.

5) Okay, three more added benefits from the game: Jeter getting tossed out at second then whining whining whining to the umpire; Damon watching as Paplebon make his catch for him; the subsequent "Johnny" chant by the crowd and ESPN's closeup of his face, looking like a man that was just shown a movie of himself taking it in the pooper by a burly dude in prison. His tearing up in the postgame interview was pretty special, too. Very enjoyable game all around.

6) Finally of note: the other whore, The Ultimate Whore, continues his incessent media campaign of showing how much of a whore he is for the almighty dollar. But I will say that, as much of a detestable human being that fatass is, I'm not the kind of person to cut off my own nose to spite my face. I gotta say, I prefer Clemens taking starts away from Lenny "Tell me about the strikeouts, George" DiNardo, and an October rotation of Schilling, Beckett, Clemens, and Wakefield is one hell of a staff. Granted, judging by his post-season record, we would need to make sure Clemens faces a starter not as good as Pedro Martinez or Jeff Supan, but I'd still like our chances.

Of course, this all assumes that Clemens continues his Toronto/Houston workout regime and not return to his Red Sox shape, where he looked a lot more like David Wells than he or his wife would care to admit.

So, in short, I look forward to the opportunity to have Clemens edge either Wells, Ramiro Mendoza, or Cesar Crespo from the top three of my "Most Hated Red Sox in Recent Memory". Of course, I would have to unretire his number from my "Most Hated Red Sox in History", dust it off, and grit my teeth for a few months until I can go back to hating the man that shattered my fledgeling love for baseball and made me decide that any fatass could be good at the game. He stunted my baseball love for a good five years, so I will never forgive him, ever; of course, a World Series with number 21 would at least moderately soften my view on the one-time MVP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home