Monday, March 06, 2006

Weird Dreams...

1) Maybe it's because I've been studying too much macro, or maybe the Resident Female put some LSD in the Risotto last night (which was fabulous, by the way), but man, did I have some weird dreams last night.

Probably the stangest was the one where I was frustrated and agitated about not being able to go to sleep, so I was trying to find something to do in the apartment, trying to make sure the doors didn't creek when I shut them so as not to wake the Resident Female, trying to find something to read on the internet, etc. Of course, I then woke up from a dream about not being able to sleep, and I was laying there in bed feeling incredibly frustrated I couldn't fall asleep, having just woken up.

Now, I don't know if this has ever happened to any of you, but this was a first for me. I have never woken up in the middle of the night being frustrated that I can't get to sleep.

I have a feeling this week is going to suck.

2) As I was writing this, the Resident Female asked me whether or not she looked good in something. Now, I hate when she does this for two reasons.

First, I have absolutely no fashion sense, as evidenced by the fact that she then promptly straightened my collar in the back, as it was all folded and whatnot. Why on earth she continues to ask someone who has no problem walking outside dressed the way I do for fashion advice is beyond me. Remember, I'm the guy who tore his khakis before a night of drinking, so rather than change, I decided to wrap duct tape around my leg. Now, I'm not talking about a patch job, I mean I wrapped. I made at least three or four, maybe even five, circles around my thigh with the roll, then went out and got trashed (and somehow even convinced a girl to come home with me, then abandoned her halfway home because I thought "if she is willing to hook up with a guy with duct tape on his pants, there is no way this is a girl I want to be around, much less touch").

Second, whenever a question like this is posed to me, it triggers my "fight-or-flight" response. So now I feel like I've had a gallon of coffee, I am sweating like an Italian, and I accidentily wet myself, necessitating me to put on my duct-tape underwear. I've pretty much just used up all my adrenaline for the rest of the day, and I will likely be forced to crash around mid-day, which is a problem as today I have to teach for two hours, learn for four, and study for six. So, this early morning scare could throw my whole day out of whack.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

its not that complicated fletcher, you look at her all the time right? and when she looks hot you notice right? so she isn't asking for fashion advice she just wants you to tell her she looks hot and you should be able to judge that even with duct tape in strange places

 

Post a Comment

<< Home