Monday, September 17, 2007

Just for the record:

Would the media stop pretending that the Pats did something hideous, ungodly, and terrible? They got caught, they got fined, it doesn't taint their accomplishments, and get off the damn soapbox. Let's have Cowher and Jimmy Johnson talk about it:

Bill Cowher:
“The two AFC Championship games that we lost to the New England Patriots, I don’t believe this had any factor in it,” Cowher said during the pregame show. “I have too much respect for Tom Brady, for [Corey ] Dillon, for [Deion] Branch and also for Coach Belichick. I think he’s still a good coach.”

“From a coach’s perspective, trying to steal signals is part of the game. We understand that as a coach. You see walkie-talkies, tape recorders, but when you take the camera on the field, that’s just arrogance,” he said. “I think the penalty was stiff by the commissioner. I think it will be a good deterrent.”

Jimmy Johnson:
“This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn’t think it helped us.”

“every team has got a file on the other team. I used to send an intern up to the opposing coach’s box after the game and go through the trash. Because after the game, what do they do? They take their game plan and their scouting reports and throw them away. My intern would get all of that stuff and put it right in the file.”

“But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don’t know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That’s why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn’t make him [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home