Thursday, July 26, 2007

This might sting a little bit

1. In the long-running HVAC drama/saga/epic/lyric poem that has gone on since moving into the new condo, yesterday represented what I hope is the turning point. We were finally able to track down a company in Maryland that actually specializes in older buildings, and they seem supremely confident that they will be able to help us out and a reasonable price. As an added bonus, the guy that came out to look at the units between 8-10 AM got stuck in traffic on 495, meaning he didn't show up until 11:45 (methinks he was trying to get there exactly at 10). So, really, when you think about it, it wasn't worth going into work at that point, right? Granted, I'm paid by the hour, so I don't really get paid for yesterday, but whatever. A much needed day off was still had.

2. Marriage camp. That is what I'm doing this weekend. Marriage camp. Friday night, Saturday from 9 AM - 6 PM, Sunday from 9 AM - 4 PM. Marriage camp. The jackass at the Resident Female's church (whom she has referred to as such; we wanted the other guy) has insisted we attend marriage camp this weekend. I knew there was a reason I was agnostic...

3. On the personal milestone side of things, the attempt to return my ankle to shape is starting to work. In the 4th attempt at taking a decent length run, I was able to squeeze my 2.5-mile time down beneath 20 minutes, roughly matching my top "distance" speed from high school (though, obviously, not the top distance, which was 6 miles in about 45 minutes). Okay, so maybe not match the times, but at least get within striking distance of the 7.5 minute miles I used to get. Under 8 is a start, right? And an even more pleasant surprise is that the ankle feels pretty good today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home