Monday, February 06, 2006

Do I really need to come up with a clever title today?

1) FIRE! I'm telling you, their kid is going to have no musical talent and possibly be the anti-christ.

2) Congrats to the Steelers, yada yada yada, I don't really care. I don't have any affinity for either team, and the game itself was pretty boring. Ultimately, the entire season this year seemed somewhat anti-climactic to me, and ironically it felt that way from start to finish. Sure, it was disappointing to watch the Pats not win out in the playoffs this year, but the entire season just seemed like a cluster-fuck that was followed up by the worst officiated playoffs ever that didn't involve a French skating judge. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this was some consipracy put on by the league or anything like that, because I think the ineptness was pretty much universal. Regardless, I think it's a shame that just about every game (including the superbowl) seemed to be tainted at least a little bit. So, congrats to the Steelers, and shame on Tagliabue for not getting real referees for any game this playoff.

3) Although I don't believe in a conspiracy, I do believe referees are told to look out for specific things after a particularly egregious error in a big situation. As such, after the Ashley Lelie/Asante Samuel pass intereference call, is it any suprise that there was a bullshit offensive interference call in the superbowl? This way the league can say, "hey, we call pass interference on the offense, too!" Again, not a conspiracy, but a borderline call in a big situation that usually is not called makes me think the refs were specifically looking for it there because they were told to before the game.

4) Damn British.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Po Po Zao!! Po Po Zao!!

That will be the new name for my cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home