Thursday, July 14, 2005

2 things on Espn.com

1) Now that they have made chats, Peter Gammons, Jason Stark, and everyone else "Insider", I'm convinced that there are only 6 weeks left until boxscores cost $40 per year as well. I guess it's SI.com for me.

2) Look at the title of this article. I realize his last name is pronounced "wahng" with a long "a" instead of a schwah (you know, the upsidedown e), and I also understand the pun by playing off "rise" with "sinker", but there is no way this wasn't intentional. With the possible exceptions of "Dick Butkus' late penetration saves the day" and "Dick Pole slams it home", this is the most suggestive copy I've ever read. And I like it.

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:07 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Fletcher Austin McGuffin said...

Thank you dorf for the password share. However, I am going to pull it down as Blogger.com has informed me that publically posting a password that gives access to a commercial pay site is a big no-no.

 
At 8:49 PM, July 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man's always trying to keep us down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home