Monday, June 26, 2006

A few quick hit thoughts for a nasty Monday morning

1) Had my ipod on shuffle through my entire library this morning , and a Violent Femmes song came on that I hadn't heard in a while. While listenint to it, I realize something: if there is a better song out there about a guy going insane and pushing his daughter into a well on a camping trip than Country Death Song, I don't want to know about it.

2) Supersonic may be Oasis' best song.

3) My sneakers are still wet from the flash-flooding DC experienced last night, which of course brings me back to one of the central axioms of my life: there is no better feeling on a crappy Monday morning that slipping a fresh pair of socks into a soggy set of shoes. I hate Mondays.

4) Beckett looks good again. So does Schilling.

5) I honestly believe that the best thing that ever happened for Jason Bateman's acting career was Tom Brady becoming a deity.

6) Papelbon's splitter is better than Schilling's at this point.

7) Capote would have been better if they didn't make Phillip Seymour Hoffman use that ridiculous accent. I know that is how Capote talks, but still.

8) If you watch "The Break up" and watch any scene with Jon Favreau and Vince Vaugh together on screen, then take a look at the two of them in Swingers, it looks like the two of them murdered a small Indian tribe and devoured them all. I mean, it is like there are three people on screen, not two. Just massive.

9) When I look around my barren apartment, all I can think is this: furniture is overrated.

10) I like traffic lights. I like traffic lights. I like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

11) Never, under any circumstances, go to a wine tasting expo the day before you have to go to work. I feel like turd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home