Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Damn damn damn damn

1) 12 hits. 4 walks. An HBP. No double-plays. That is 17 baserunners. In a loss. That kept me up until 1:00 AM. Which means I have to drink government-grade coffee all day. I am not pleased. I am not varying my punctuation enough.

2) Um... I guess have nothing else until the coffee kicks in.

3) Okay, fine, I'll leave you with a quotation. From Steve Martin's essay "A Public Apology":

Once, in Hawaii, I had sex with a hundred-and-two-year-old male turtle. It would be hard to argue that it was consensual. I would like to apologize to the turtle, his family, the Kahala Hilton Hotel, and the hundred or so diners at the Hilton's outdoor cafe. I would also like to apologize to my loyal wife Karen, who had to endure the subsequent news item in the "Also Noted" section of the Santa Barbara Women's Club Weekly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home