Monday, January 22, 2007

!

If you are looking for insight or commentary on last night's game, you are going to have to get it from somewhere else. My flight back from Cinnci was cancelled, so instead of getting home in time to watch the end of the game, I ended up being rerouted through Newark (and having to do that fucked up leave-security-only-to-come-back-through-it-so-that-you-nearly-miss-your-connecting-flight bullshit), landing in DC at 10 at night, only to have to wait on the damn tarmac for 90 minutes before I was able to get to a gate (I'm considering filing an "illegal imprisonment" case against Continental, because there were about a dozen visable gates open). Then, after a cluster-fuck of an hour waiting for a freaking cab to pick us up, we finally managed to get home and nestle into a needed sleep at around 1 in the AM. So, I saw none of the game. Although I did find out that the Pats lost while waiting on the tarmac. So, it was an all-around shitty day.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you are in mourning right now, but I hope you can realize that America was treated to one hell of a game. The story lines were compelling, and the out come was just. I know there is no way you could be expected to sympathize with the troubles of Payton Manning, and Tony Dungy when they stood as obstacles to your team going to the Super for the fourth time in your life time.
It is difficult for you to know how much the nation rejoiced in seeing Payton and Tony slay their tormentors in dramatic fashion, because you probably sequestered yourself in an apartment full of Patriots fans and one Bengals’ fan.
Witnessing it for myself I can tell you that the bar that I was in seemed like what the Whitehouse expected Iraq to be once Saddam was thrown out of power.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home